A while back a dear friend (miss you e.b.)
They were so yummy! Tonight I am going to a healthy living potluck and
I came across the recipe yesterday, and wondered if I could modify it for Lady A.
Here is what I came up with:
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oatmeal
- ½ cup cashew butter (low salicylate)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds- w/Sea salt (we like this brand)
- ½ cup ground flaxseed (in a clean supplement form here)
- 1 tsp Frontier Alcohol-free vanilla
- Optional – mini chocolate chips (we omitted these for Lady A’s version, since chocolate is not on the approved food list at the moment)
Mix everything together in a bowl and refrigerate for about an hour.
Remove and roll into bite-sized balls! Pop one in your mouth and ENJOY!
Rolling tip- I rolled the balls in plastic wrap (non BPA!) because when I used my bare hands the stickiness of the mixture kept making the balls fall apart…. oops!