Sooo..What is a Vaccident? I had never heard this term until I was doing some research a few months ago. As often happens in my research “journey”, I stumble down many paths and a rabbit hole or two! Here is where my journey led me a few months ago….
I was researching about MTHFR gene for a blog post =>I read about California screening for MTHFR (as a remethylation defect) in newborns => Continued searching for more info on SNPs of MTHFR and was focusing on a well-studied, thermolabile, SNP called 677C that is often associated with high homocysteine (and thus increased cardiac risk) => I came across a Facebook posting about MTHFR in an article on the NIH’s website (which summarized research funded by NIH funds) exploring: “Adversomics” which discussed some of the genetics behind adverse vaccine reactions, including MTHFR 677C and increased vaccine adverse reaction and smallpox vaccine => I read further looking up some of the cited references and found an editorial where the term “Adversomics” was used again along with the term VACCIDENT.
As I read what the author was defining as adverse effects of vaccines on certain sub-populations of people, it struck me that he was describing them as if they were currently as random as a car crash/accident. And that is when I paused with disbelief…. In this journey with my daughter I have been an astute observer of those around us, those who have similar symptoms and diagnosis, similar tendencies and similar struggles, and while my observations are presently anecdotal, I do not believe they are un-scientific. As a scientist, I have always believed that: discoveries are made while observing the nuances and not the norms.
“There are two possible outcomes: If the result confirms the hypothesis, then you’ve made a measurement. If the result is contrary to the hypothesis, then you’ve made a discovery.” -Enrico Fermi
Here is what I have observed
1. I have never observed a community of individuals who have more adverse, bizarre, abnormal, idiopathic, never been seen before reactions to foods, medications and vaccinations, than I have seen in the mitochondrial disease and autistic community.
2. In the autism community, vaccines have been the topic of much controversy for many years, yet one observation in my mind, outweighs the rest, when you ask a mother of an autistic child about their family health history, you will 8-9 times out of 10, hear that a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, or sibling has a history of allergy, asthma, autoimmune disorders (rheumatoid arthritis, MS, lupus,etc.), migraines, chemical sensitive, or hypersensitivities to medications and pharmaceuticals. Often you will hear that a grandparent is or has suffered from Alzheimer’s or Parkinson.
3. One other area I have observed to have a high incidence of autistic children are offspring of our military (particularly mothers/fathers who have served in active duty in the Gulf War), these individuals may have received more vaccines than the general population, due to their deployment (particularly ones the general population may not have such at the Anthrax vaccine), usually before or around the time they have children.
4. Individuals (and their family members and those around them) who are immune compromised are at highest risk for adverse reaction to LIVE virus vaccines: whether that immune compromisation looks like eczema, psoriasis, allergies or severe combined immune deficiency, and whether the vaccine is the Flumist, Rotovirus, MMR or smallpox, there is a risk for harm documented by the CDC: here, here and here.
5. Individuals who have bio markers showing inefficient folate metabolism, impaired methylation, low glutathione levels, and vitamin deficiencies (including but not limited to B12, vitamin D, and carnitine deficiency), are also at high risk for adverse reactions to vaccines because their ability to rid some of the additives and preservatives is impaired, and because their methylation cycle and mitochondria may be impaired.
So my question to you is…. Is it a Vaccident?
Is it as random as a car crash,
Who is injured and who is not?
Or are there family histories, bio-markers, genetic testing, and nutritional screening that all need to be taken into account, prior to giving a vaccination (or medication, anesthesia, or supplement)? Is it a safe assumption that every child can tolerate the recommended vaccine schedule as recommended, regardless of their nutritional, immune, or genetic status, just as safe as it is to assume that every person riding in a car will tolerate an accident the same way, regardless of their seat-belt or car-seat status?
In order to uphold the Hippocratic oath for all children (and adults)-
“First, Do No Harm”
…we ALL must advocate to FIRST. DO. NO. HARM. to all people, but especially to those who are susceptible to succumbing to a VACCIDENT BEFORE that VACCINE INDUCED INJURY occurs.