In just a few short weeks the entire nation will be recognizing and honoring Mitochondrial Disease Awareness Week. For those of us in Texas we are trying to give back and pay it forward all at the same time! California Pizza Kitchen has graciously agreed to donate to MitoAction 20% of the revenue for those who dine-in, take out, cater or curbside pickup (and bring this flyer) the week of September 16-22 , 2012 FOR THE ENTIRE DAY and AT ALL TEXAS CPK LOCATIONS.
While helping families living today with mitochondrial disease, we strive…
- To improve quality of life for adults and children affected by mitochondrial disease.
- To raise awareness internationally about mitochondrial disorders, and their relationships to other diseases.
- To provide specific and practical materials that help patients to manage their symptoms
- To aggregate and connect the international mitochondrial disease community and to engage the pharmaceutical industry working toward therapeutic approaches to mitochondrial disorders.
- To create tools that empower patients and caregivers to be advocates for themselves or their children.
Please come out to support MitoAction and continue to spread awareness about Mitochondrial Disease! Please don’t forget to PRINT the flyer!
We look forward to seeing you there!
If you or your family is affected by or suspected of having mitochondrial disease, we invite you to join us at our Mitochondriya’ll Social on September 22nd at Memorial Hermann Hospital, Memorial City from 10am-1pm (Conference room in the West Pavillion)… more details here. Refreshments… California Pizza Kitchen Pizza, of Course!
For my Gluten Free friends...here are some options for your meal!